Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oatman's latest walk test

I always wondered why Oatman heavily guards his SWF files from being decompiled. In his last walk test file, he used SecureSWF (http://www.kindisoft.com/secureSWF) to obfuscate his actionscript.. It's not like anyone wanted to steal his "work." Though, I did decompile his SWF just out of curiosity (no, you can't sue me for that Oats) and I found out that he's using a demo version of SecureSWF.. I thought the demo version placed a visible watermark on the final SWF? I wonder where it went..? It's also important to note that the demo only lasts 30 days, so how was Oatman using a demo version for four months?

Correction: You can view the watermark by right clicking and pressing "Forward" until disabled, and then pressing "Rewind."

https://server.uvora.com/Mall.swf

I also love how Oatman got a free SSL certificate from Comodo, you know the ones that are 2048-bit ready? Yep, that's the reason why Oatman's server is so secure.. He uses a free SSL certificate! Oh, that and CloudFlare Free!

http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/free-ssl-certificate.html
http://www.cloudflare.com/plans.html

2 comments:

  1. lol, i didn't even read this, i was able to decompile the index.swf file too with sothink decompiler and lol he somehow removed the watermark on the .swf file and he also claims that on his image server that we can't access the direct file extension, that he has it blocked, that's a lie. You can't access the server, but you can access everything on it with a extension, you just can't see it unless you go on google and type it manually if it is even on google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to buy secureSWF and see if it doesn't fail. Flash Decompiler Trillix 4.1 crashes when I plug it in the program, lol. Stuffit Expander doesn't decompile anymore, I don't even know how it was able to decompile, lol, I had 8.0 I think, that was a long time ago. I can't find any patched versions of flash decompiler trillix, secureswf and sothink for MAC. yes i have a 2,000 dollar computer, so fuck off oatman

    ReplyDelete